Virgil Passwordless authentication improves security for your users while being fast and easy to login, without the need to remember a password.
- An app receives permission to authorize users with their Virgil accountDevelopers will need to register their application at Virgil Services to use Virgil Security infrastructure create account.
- A Public KeyThe Public Key is the openly disseminated part of a key pair and can be obtained by anyone more ... is generated for new users in Virgil ServicesVirgil Services is a group of cryptographic services that make up the Virgil Security infrastructure more ..., to further access the system without a password.
- The app requests authorization from Virgil Security, when users log into the system without a password.
- Virgil verifies whether the app is trusted or not, and receives the user’s Private KeyThe Private Key must remain confidential to everyone except its respective owner more ... for further access to the system.
- Virgil authenticates the user and returns an authorization code to the app.
- The app receives a tokenA string that is needed to modify and read the app's settings more ... to grant a unique data transmission.
- The app retrieves required and accessible user data, to fill in their profile in the system.