Virgil Identity Service
The Virgil Identity service is responsible for the validation of user identities in anything from emails to applications.
A typical workflow for an email confirmation contains the following steps:
- The process is initiated by the invocation of the /verify endpoint.
- The Identity service generates a
confirmation_code and sends it to the specified email.
- The Developer invokes the /confirm endpoint with the
confirmation_code sent to the email and
action_id from the previous step.
- The Identity service returns the
validation_token that is used to prove that the user is the identity holder.
- Finally, to verify that the user is indeed the identity holder, a 3rd-party service invokes the /validate endpoint with the
validation_token from the previous step.