This guide is a short tutorial on how to install the Virgil SDKThe SDK helps take tedious complexity out of coding by providing APIs for all of Virgil Services..
Virgil Security provides a set of APIs for adding security to any application. In a few simple steps, you can encrypt communication, securely store data, provide passwordless logins, and ensure data integrity.
The Virgil SDK is a communication gateway between your application and Virgil ServicesVirgil Services is a group of cryptographic services that make up the Virgil Security infrastructure more ....
The Virgil SDK is provided as a package named virgil/sdk. The package is distributed via composer package management system.
You need to install php virgil crypto extension ext-virgil_crypto_php as one of dependency otherwise you will get the requested PHP extension virgil_crypto_php is missing from your system error during composer install.
In general to install virgil crypto extension follow next steps:
- Download proper extension package for your platform from cdn like virgil-crypto-2.0.4-php-5.6-linux-x86_64.tgz.
- Type following command to unpack extension in terminal:
$ tar -xvzf virgil-crypto-2.0.4-php-5.6-linux-x86_64.tgz
- Place unpacked virgil_crypto_php.so under php extension path.
- Add virgil extension to your php.ini configuration file like extension = virgil_crypto_php.so.
$ echo "extension=virgil_crypto_php.so" >> \
`php --ini | grep "Loaded Configuration" | sed -e "s|.*:\s*||"`
All necessary information about where php.ini or extension_dir are you can get from php_info() in case run php on server or
call php -i | grep php.ini or php -i | grep extension_dir from CLI.
INSTALLING THE PACKAGE
- Go to the your project root directory.
$ composer require virgil/sdk